BENNETTS-BRIDGE, a village, partly in the parish of KILLARNEY, barony of GOWRAN, and partly in that of DANESFORT, barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (W.S.W.) from Gowran; containing 426 inhabitants. This place is situated on the river Nore, which is here crossed by a good stone bridge on the road from Kilkenny to Thomastown, and contains 85 houses. There are some flour-mills in the immediate vicinity. Fairs are held on Feb. 24th, Aug. 26th, Sept, 19th, and Dec. 21st; and it is a station of the constabulary police. There is a R. C. chapel of ease to Danesfort, with a national school adjoining it.-See KILLARNEY and DANESFORT.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis