Alderton (St. Margaret)
ALDERTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Potterspury, hundred of Cleley, S. division of the county of Northampton, 3¾ miles (E. S. E.) from Towcester; containing 166 inhabitants. On the north the parish is bounded by the river Tow, and on the east partly by the road leading from Northampton to Stony-Stratford. It consists of 869a. 20p.; the surface is boldly undulated, and the village stands on the western declivity of an eminence. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Grafton-Regis, and valued in the king's books at £12.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.