BLAKENEY, a chapelry, in the parish of Awre, union of Westbury, hundred of Bledisloe, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 15 miles (S. W. by W.) from Gloucester. The village is pleasantly situated near the river Severn, which is here navigable. Fairs are held on the 12th of May and of November. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £232; patrons, the Haberdashers' Company, London. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.