UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wyke-Champflower

WYKE-CHAMPFLOWER, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Bruton, union of Wincanton, E. division of Somerset, 1½ mile (W.) from Bruton; containing 88 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; income, £30; patron and impropriator, Sir H. R. Hoare, Bart. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.