Worlington, East (St. Mary)
WORLINGTON, EAST (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of South Molton, hundred of Witheridge, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 6 miles (E.) from Chulmleigh; containing 287 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 15. 10.; net income, £208; patron, the Hon. N. Fellowes. In the neighbourhood are the remains of an ancient cross; and Roman coins have been found.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.