Woolhampton (St. Peter)
WOOLHAMPTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Newbury, hundred of Theale, county of Berks, 7¼ miles (E.) from Newbury; containing 491 inhabitants. The parish comprises 684a. 17p., and the navigable river Kennet flows through it. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 17. 6., and in the patronage of the Rev. Miles L. Halton: the tithes have been commuted for £200, and there are 32 acres of glebe. The Roman Catholics have a chapel.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.