Woolfardisworthy (Holy Trinity)
WOOLFARDISWORTHY (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Crediton, hundred of Witheridge, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Crediton; containing 220 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 19. 4½.; net income, £258; patrons, the Hole family. Berry Castle, an ancient Roman encampment, is in the parish.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.