UK Genealogy Archives logo

Woodside

WOODSIDE, a township, in the parish of Westward, union of Wigton, Allerdale ward below Derwent, W. division of Cumberland, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Temple-Sowerby; containing 415 inhabitants. The Eden and Eamont unite their streams here. The tithes were commuted for land in 1811.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.