Willersey (St. Peter)
WILLERSEY (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3 miles (W.) from Chipping-Campden; containing 375 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1100 acres. Stone is quarried for the repair of roads, and for building. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 2. 6., and with a net income of £162, in the patronage of Mrs. M. H. Cooper: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1767; the glebe consists of 85 acres, with a house. The church is a cruciform structure of various dates, with a tower at the intersection, crowned by pinnacles. On the hill above the village, is a camp inclosing about 60 acres, supposed to have been formed during the incursions of the Danes: from it is a fine view of the vale below.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.