UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wickham

WICKHAM, a chapelry, in the parish of Welford, union of Newbury, hundred of Kintbury-Eagle, county of Berks, 5½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Speenhamland; containing 202 inhabitants. The chapel, dedicated to St. Swithin, has a tower and chancel in the Norman style; an aisle was added in 1824, at the cost of the Rev. Henry Sawbridge, rector of Welford.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.