UK Genealogy Archives logo

Whitgreave

WH1TGREAVE, a township, in the parish of St. Mary and St. Chad, Stafford, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, union, and N. division of the county, of Stafford, 3½ miles (N. N. W.) from Stafford; containing 185 inhabitants. Here is a district church, forming a perpetual curacy in the Rector's gift.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.