WHITCOMBE, a parish, in the union of Dorchester, hundred of Culliford-Tree, Dorchester division of Dorset, 2¼ miles (S. E.) from Dorchester; containing 52 inhabitants. It comprises 690 acres, of which 350 are arable, and 340 meadow and pasture; the soil is a light loam, resting upon chalk. The living is a donative; net income, £13; patron, the Hon. G. L. D. Darner. The church is in the early English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.