Weston (St. Mary)
WESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Spalding, wapentake of Elloe, parts of Holland, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (N. E. by E.) from Spalding; containing 681 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Spalding to Holbeach, and comprises 5403a. 11p.; the soil is chiefly clay, with a good depth of vegetable mould, and the surface generally level. The living is a vicarage not in charge, in the patronage of the Crown; impropriator, Sir J. Trollope, Bart. The great tithes have been commuted for £970, and the vicarial for £163. 10.; the glebe comprises nearly two acres. The church is a small neat structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.