UK Genealogy Archives logo

Werrington (St. Martin and St. Giles)

WERRINGTON (St. Martin and St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Launceston, hundred of Black Torrington, Lifton and N. divisions of Devon, 2½ miles (N. by W.) from Launceston; containing 685 inhabitants. The living is a donative curacy, in the gift of the Duke of Northumberland, with an income of £229: the tithes have been commuted for £290.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.