UK Genealogy Archives logo

Well-Haugh

WELL-HAUGH, a township, in the parish of Falstone, union of Bellingham, N. W. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12ΒΌ miles (W. N. W.) from Bellingham; containing 338 inhabitants. It is situated principally on the south side of the North Tyne, and contains the hamlets of Rigg-End, Stanners-burn, and Yarrow. The village is seated near the bank of the river.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.