Weddington (St. James)
WEDDINGTON (St. James), a parish, in the union of Nuneaton, Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, N. division of the county of Warwick, 1 mile (N.) from Nuneaton; containing 77 inhabitants. It is bounded on the east by the Watling-street, and comprises 919 acres, whereof 90 are woodland; the soil is in general marly. The river Anker runs through the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 10. 7½.; patron, the Rev. Samuel Bracebridge Heming, M.A.: the tithes have been commuted for £176. 19.; there is a glebe-house, and the glebe contains 45 acres. The church, built about the year 1736, is a brick edifice with a tower, and contains 90 sittings.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.