Wasperton (St. John the Baptist)
WASPERTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Warwick, Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles (S. S. W.) from Warwick; containing 283 inhabitants. The parish is partly bounded on the west and north by the river Avon, and is intersected by the road from Warwick to Shipston; it comprises 1619 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5; patron and appropriator, the Rector of Hampton-Lucy. The great tithes have been commuted for £290, and the vicarial for £108; the glebe comprises 50 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.