Washbourn, Great, or King's Washbourn (St. Mary)
WASHBOURN, GREAT, or Kings Washbourn (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Winchcomb, Upper division of the hundred of Tewkesbury, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 6 miles (E. by N.) from Tewkesbury; containing 100 inhabitants. It comprises 650 acres, the whole, with the exception of about 100 acres, the property of the Craven family. The living is variously styled a rectory and a perpetual curacy; net income, £59; patron, the Rev. Charles Covey, who is also incumbent. The church, which is very ancient, contains a handsome font, and has recently been repewed at the expense of the parish, and beautified at that of the rector: it is situated on an elevation commanding extensive views of the beautiful country by which it is surrounded.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.