Walton-Cardiff (St. James)
WALTON-CARDIFF (St. James), a parish, in the union, and Lower division of the hundred, of Tewkesbury, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 1¼ mile (E. S. E.) from Tewkesbury; containing 69 inhabitants. It comprises by admeasurement 650 acres, consisting of about equal portions of arable and pasture land of good quality. The road from Tewkesbury to Evesham passes along the northern boundary; the river Severn runs at a short distance on the west, and the Gloucester and Birmingham railway on the east. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £53; patrons, All Souls' College, Oxford.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.