WALTON, a township, in the parish of Eccleshall, union of Stone, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 1½ mile (S. E.) from the town of Eccleshall; containing 113 inhabitants. It lies on the road from Stafford to Chester, and comprises 1265 acres, of elevated and undulating surface, and of a heavy soil. The Norton-Bridge station of the Birmingham and Liverpool railway is distant two miles. On the right of the road is a large and handsome stone mansion in the Roman style, built by Henry Killick, Esq. The tithes have been commuted for £1. 18. 8. payable to the vicar, and £152. 1. to the Bishop of Lichfield.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.