WALHAM-GREEN, a chapelry, in the parish of Fulham, union of Kensington, Kensington division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county of Middlesex, 3 miles (S. W. by W.) from London. The living is a perpetual curacy; income, £230; patron, the "Vicar of Fulham. The chapel, dedicated to St. John, was erected in 1829, at an expense of £9683, defrayed by subscription, and a grant from the Parliamentary Commissioners; it is a handsome edifice in the early English style, with a tower. An asylum was lately erected in connexion with the Butchers' Charitable Institution.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.