UNTHANK, a township, in the parish of Alnham, union of Rothbury, N. division of Coquetdale ward and of Northumberland, 8¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Rothbury; containing 22 inhabitants. It is on the river Aln, which passes on the north, and separates it from Prendick. In the reign of Elizabeth, it belonged to a family named Unthank. The Hall, now designated Collingwood House, is pleasantly seated near the river.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.