UCKINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Elmstone-Hardwicke, union of Cheltenham, Lower division of the hundred of Deerhurst, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 2¼ miles (N. W.) from Cheltenham; containing 200 inhabitants. This place lies on the road from Cheltenham to Worcester and Malvern, and comprises 852 acres of good land, wholly appropriated to agriculture, and watered by the Chelt. The great tithes have been commuted for £313. 10., and the vicarial for £72.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.