Ubley, or Obleigh (St. Bartholomew)
UBLEY, or Obleigh (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Clutton, hundred of Chewton, E. division of Somerset, 9 miles (N. by W.) from Wells; containing 369 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 11. 5½., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £194, and the glebe comprises 70 acres. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.