Tytherington (St. James)
TYTHERINGTON (St. James), a parish, in the union of Thornbury, partly in the Upper division of the hundred of Henbury, but chiefly in the Lower division of that of Thornbury, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 3 miles (S. E.) from Thornbury; containing 496 inhabitants, of whom 347 are in the township. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £9. 11. 7., and in the gift of G. M. Taswell, Esq.: the great tithes have been commuted for £440, and the vicarial for £309; the glebe contains 61 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.