UK Genealogy Archives logo

Twyford

TWYFORD, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Kensington, Kensington division of the hundred of Ossulstone, county of Middlesex, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from London; containing 27 inhabitants. Near this place, the London and Birmingham railway is carried over the valley of the Brent by a viaduct 30 feet wide, resting upon a river arch of 60 feet span, and 6 semicircular land arches of 16 feet span each. There is a private chapel at Twyford Abbey.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.