TUBNEY, a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Ock, county of Berks, 4¼ miles (W. by N.) from Abingdon; containing 190 inhabitants, and comprising 1124a. 2r. 36p. The living is a sinecure rectory, valued in the king's books at £3. 1. 10½., and in the gift of Magdalen College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £147. 10., and the glebe contains 10 acres. The church has been demolished, and on the induction of a rector, the ceremony takes place in the open air. The parishioners attend Fyfield church.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.