TRUSHAM, a parish, in the union of Newton-Abbott, hundred of Exminster, Teignbridge and S. divisions of Devon, 2 miles (N. N. W.) from Chudleigh; containing 213 inhabitants, and comprising 655 acres by computation. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 4. 9½., and in the gift of Sir W. T. Pole, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £130: there is a parsonage-house, and the glebe comprises 60 acres. The church contains a very rich wooden screen. A school, and an almshouse for widows, were endowed by Mr. Storke in 1687.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.