Trentishoe (St. Peter)
TRENTISHOE (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Barnstaple, hundred of Braunton, Braunton and N. divisions of Devon, 10 miles (E. by N.) from Ilfracombe; containing 132 inhabitants. It is bounded on the north by the Bristol Channel, and comprises 1300 acres, of which 650 are common or waste. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 8. 4., and has a net income of £118; it is in the patronage of Mrs. A. W. Griffiths. The glebe contains 35 acres. The church is a very small edifice.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.