Treborough (St. Peter)
TREBOROUGH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Williton, hundred of Carhampton, W. division of Somerset, 6 miles (S. by E.) from Dunster; containing 138 inhabitants. This place, which belonged in ancient times to Cleeve Abbey, supplied that institution with fuel, and the prior had a residence here. The parish comprises 1798 acres, of which 376 are common or waste land. Limestone is procured, and there are extensive quarries of slate of very good quality. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10. 5.; net income, £137 per annum; patron, Sir W. C. Trevelyan, Bart.: the glebe contains 31 acres. In the churchyard is a fine cross.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.