Totteridge (St. Andrew)
TOTTERIDGE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Barnet, hundred of Broadwater, though locally in the hundred of Cashio, or liberty of St. Alban's, county of Hertford, 2 miles (S. by W.) from Barnet; containing 469 inhabitants. The parish is on the border of Middlesex, and comprises 1591a. 3r. 33p., most of which is grass-land; 39 acres are common or waste. The living is annexed to the rectory of Bishop's-Hatfield: the tithes have been commuted for £345, and the glebe contains 7 acres. The church, which was rebuilt in 1798, has a latticed square tower, with a spire. There is a place of worship for Independents.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.