Toddenham (St. Thomas à Becket)
TODDENHAM (St. Thomas Ã Becket), a parish, in the union of Shipston-upon-Stour, Upper division of the hundred of Westminster, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3Â¾ miles (N. E.) from Moretonin-the-Marsh; containing 474 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the east and north by parts of Warwickshire, and on the north-west by parts of Worcestershire. The road from Stow-on-the-Wold to Warwick passes on the west. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at Â£18. 19. 9Â½.; net income, Â£254; patron, the Bishop of London; impropriator, A. Pole, Esq.: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in the year 1775. The church is a handsome structure, with a tower and spire, and contains some canopied stone stalls.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.