Thurloxton (St. Giles)
THURLOXTON (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Bridgwater, hundred of North Petherton, W. division of Somerset, 5 miles (S. S. W.) from Bridgwater; containing 188 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from Bridgwater to Exeter, and comprises by admeasurement 551 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 15. 10., and in the gift of Lord Portman: the tithes have been commuted for £93. 14.; there is a parsonage-house, and the glebe contains 82 acres. The church is ancient.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.