Thorpe-Abbots (All Saints)
THORPE-ABBOTS (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Earsham, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (E.) from Scole; containing 281 inhabitants, and comprising 1123 acres. This parish is bounded on the south by the river Waveney, which separates it from the county of Suffolk; and the road from Bury to Yarmouth passes through it. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6; net income, £305; patron, J. P. Reade, Esq. The glebe contains about 16 acres, and there is a good glebehouse erected in 1840, by the Rev. W. Wallace. The church is chiefly in the later style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.