Thelbridge (St. David)
THELBRIDGE (St. David), a parish, in the union of Crediton, hundred of Witheridge, South Molton and N. divisions of Devon, 2 miles (S. W. by W.) from Witheridge; containing 267 inhabitants. It is intersected by the road from Crediton to South Molton and Barnstaple. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 6. 5½.; net income, £198; patron, G. Tanner, Esq.: the glebe consists of about 130 acres, with a small house. The church is a very old edifice.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.