Tachbrook, Bishop's (St. Chad)
TACHBROOK, BISHOP'S (St. Chad), a parish, in the union of Warwick, partly in the Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knigtlow, but chiefly in the Warwick division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 2½ miles (S. by W.) from Leamington, on the road to Banbury; containing 723 inhabitants, of whom 648 are in the township. The parish comprises by computation 3200 acres. The surface is boldly undulated, and the soil in general a strong clayey earth, forming good corn land; threefourths are arable. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 13. 4.; net income, £293; patron, the Bishop of Lichfield: there are about 4 acres of glebe, and a house. The church has a fine tower. A school, erected in 1771, is endowed with £39 per annum.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.