Swinford (All Saints)
SWINFORD (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Lutterworth, hundred of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester, 3½ miles (S. E. by S.) from Lutterworth; containing 444 inhabitants. The river Avon separates the parish from Stanford, in the county of Northampton. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5. 7. 11., and has a net income of £216; the patronage and impropriation belong to the Baroness Braye. The church is an ancient structure with a tower.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.