SUTTON, GUILDEN, a parish, in the union of Great Boughton, Lower division of the hundred of Broxton, S. division of the county of Chester, 3 miles (E. N. E.) from Chester; containing about 220 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1000 acres, of which the surface is in general flat, and the soil stiff and marly; the arable and pasture are in about equal portions. The village is seated in a valley. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £50; patron, Lord Stanley; impropriator, the Rev. Rowland E. Warburton: there is a small glebe-house.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.