Stutchbury (St. John the Baptist)
STUTCHBURY (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Brackley, hundred of King's-Sutton, S. division of the county of Northampton, 5 miles (N. by W.) from Brackley; containing 21 inhabitants. It comprises an area of 1200 acres, of which the soil is chiefly a heavy loam; the surface is level, and watered by a small stream. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £3. 6. 8., and in the gift of the Crown; net income, £5. The church is in ruins.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.