Stretton-Baskerville (All Saints)
STRETTON-BASKERVILLE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Hinckley, Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Nuneaton; containing 75 inhabitants. The parish borders on Leicestershire, from which it is separated by the Watling-street; it consists of 1012 acres, and is intersected by the Ashby canal. The living is a sinecure rectory, valued in the king's books at £6, and in the patronage of Miss Pinchin and Mrs. Wilcox: the church is in ruins.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.