Albury (St. Mary)
ALBURY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Bishop-Stortford, hundred of Edwinstree, county of Hertford, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Bishop-Stortford; containing 641 inhabitants. It is near the borders of Essex. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 9. 7.; net income, £264; patron, the Treasurer of St. Paul's Cathedral. A pleasure-fair is held in July.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.