STORWOOD, a township, in the parish of Thornton, union of Pocklington, Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of Harthill, E. riding of York, 8¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Pocklington; containing 98 inhabitants. It comprises about 1120 acres of land, belonging to various owners, some of whom have neat houses. The village is on the eastern acclivity of the vale of the Derwent. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1777.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.