Storkhill, with Sandholme
STORKHILL, with Sandholme, a township, in the parish of St. John, union, and liberties of the borough, of Beverley, E. riding of York, 1¾ mile (N. E.) from Beverley; containing 61 inhabitants. It is situated on the west side of the river Hull, on the road from Beverley to Tickton; and comprises about 300 acres. In the township is a meeting-house for Wesleyans.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.