Stoke (St. Michael)
STOKE (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Foleshill, N. division of the county of Warwick, 1½ mile (E.) from Coventry; containing 936 inhabitants. The parish consists of 920 acres of the richest soil, and is intersected by the Coventry canal. The living is a vicarage not in charge, with that of Sow or Walsgrave annexed, in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £333; impropriator of Stoke, W. Pridmore, Esq., and of Sow, the Earl of Craven. The great tithes of Stoke have been commuted for £102. 16.; and the vicarial for £97. 8., with a glebe of 23 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.