Staverton (St. John the Baptist)
STAVERTON (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Cheltenham, Lower division of the hundred of Deerhurst, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 4¾ miles (W. by N.) from Cheltenham; containing 296 inhabitants, and comprising 758 acres. The Gloucester and Cheltenham railroad passes through the parish. The living is a vicarage, with Boddington annexed, valued in the king's books at £12; net income, £436; patron, R. Purnell, Esq.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.