Stanton-Stoney (St. Michael)
STANTON-STONEY (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Hinckley, hundred of Sparkenhoe, S. division of the county of Leicester, 4¼ miles (E. by N.) from Hinckley; containing 663 inhabitants. The parish comprises about 1470 acres: there are some quarries of stone, used chiefly for mending the roads. The village is situated near the road from Leicester to Hinckley, and the inhabitants are partly employed in weaving stockings at their own dwellings. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 13. l½.; net income, £348; patron, Richard Boyer, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land in 1764; the glebe altogether comprises 210 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.