STAMBRIDGE, LITTLE, a parish, in the union and hundred of Rochford, S. division of Essex, l½ mile (N. E. by N.) from Rochford; containing 126 inhabitants, and comprising 601 acres. Here is a large brewery. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £12, and in the gift of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £167, and the glebe comprises 30 acres. The church is an ancient edifice, consisting of a nave and chancel.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.