Soulbury (All Saints)
SOULBURY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Leighton-Buzzard, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham, 5 miles (W. N. W.) from Leighton-Buzzard; containing, with part of the hamlet of Hollingdon, 615 inhabitants, of whom 499 are in the township of Soulbury. The London and Birmingham railway intersects the parish. The living is a perpetual curacy, with a net income of £116; the patronage and impropriation belong to Miss Lovett. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Robert Lovett, in 1710, and the Rev. John Sambee, in 1728, endowed a school with property now producing an income of £77; and there are also some trifling bequests appropriated to charitable purposes.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.