Shuckburgh, Lower (St. John the Baptist)
SHUCKBURGH, LOWER (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Southam, Burton-Dassett division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 5 miles (E.) from Southam; containing 154 inhabitants. The parish comprises 959 acres, and is intersected by the Oxford canal and the road from Warwick to Daventry. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed, with that of Priors'-Marston, to the vicarage of Priors'-Hardwick: the tithes were commuted for land in 1778.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.