Shillingford (St. Faith)
SHILLINGFORD (St. Faith), a parish, in the union of Farringdon, hundred of Ganfield, county of Berks, 2¾ miles (S. E. by E.) from Farringdon; containing 280 inhabitants. It comprises about 1680 acres, of which 460 are arable, 1109 pasture, and 84 woodland. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 8. 11½.; net income, £497; patron, T. M. Goodlake, Esq. The church is partly Norman, and partly in the early English style, and contains some ancient and curious monuments, among them an altar-tomb to the memory of John de Blewberry, a priest, who died in 1372, and a monument to the late Lord Ashbrook and his father, who resided and were interred here.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.